FREE PEDAL TRAVEL ADJUSTMENT
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the return spring at the clutch fork.
- Rotate the clutch lever and shaft assembly until the clutch pedal is firmly against the rubber bumper on the brake pedal bracket.
- Push the outer end of the clutch fork rearward until the throwout bearing lightly contacts the pressure plate levers.
- Loosen the locknut and adjust the rod length so that the swivel slips freely into the gauge hole. Increase the rod length until all lash is removed.
- Remove the swivel from the gauge hole. Insert the swivel in the lower hole in the lever. Install two washers and the cotter pin. Tighten the locknut, being careful not to change the rod length. Reinstall the spring and check the pedal free travel. It should be 1 3 /8-1 5 /8 inch.
Pedal travel is not adjustable on trucks equipped with a hydraulic clutch.