REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower steering column covers.
- Remove the lower left side air conditioning duct, if so equipped.
- Disconnect the pushrod from the clutch pedal.
- Before disconnecting the reservoir hose, drain the reservoir or prepare a plug for the line.
- Disconnect the slave cylinder hydraulic line from the master cylinder.
- Remove the master cylinder retaining nuts and remove the master cylinder.
- Remove the retaining nuts and remove the reservoir and gasket from the firewall.
- Install the master cylinder with a new gasket to the cowl. Tighten the retaining nuts to 10-14 ft. lbs. (14-20 Nm).
- Install the remaining components in the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Fill the reservoir with new DOT 3 brake fluid and bleed the system of air.