REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable
- If necessary for access, remove radiator fan shroud.
- Remove fan hub-to-water pump attaching bolts and remove fan clutch assembly. If vehicle is equipped with a fan clutch be sure to scribe a mark on both the fan and water pump to ease reassembly.
- If necessary, remove the fan from the fan clutch hub.
- Clean the water pump hub and check for smoothness. Eliminate burrs or imperfections before proceeding.
- Install fan clutch hub to water pump. Torque attaching bolts to 20 lb. ft. (27 Nm)
If a fan blade is bent or damaged, no attempt should be made to repair the damaged fan. A damaged fan should always be replaced with a new assembly. It is important that the fan remains in proper balance. If a fan were not in balance it could possibly fly apart and result in personal injury.
- If removed, install the fan shroud.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.