REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove air cleaner.
- Disconnect and reposition as necessary any vacuum or PCV hoses that obstruct the valve covers.
- On the left side, on some models, it may be necessary to remove the air conditioning compressor and lay to one side. (Do not disconnect the hoses).
- Disconnect electrical wire(s), spark plug, etc. from the valve cover clips.
- Unbolt and remove the valve cover(s).
Do not pry the covers off if they seem stuck. Instead, gently tap around each cover with a rubber mallet until the old gasket or sealer breaks loose.To install:
- Use a new valve cover gasket or RTV (or any equivalent) sealer. If using sealer, follow directions on the tube. Install valve cover and tighten cover bolts to 3 ft. lbs.
- Connect and reposition all vacuum and PCV hoses, and reconnect electrical and/or spark plug wires at the cover clips. Install the air cleaner.