REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the access plate and disconnect the dome lamp wiring.
- Lower the tailgate.
- Remove the top to cab mounting bolts.
- Remove the roof to rear fender mounting bolts.
- Remove the tire brace bolt and upper brace. The brace should be reattached after the roof is removed.
- Remove the side trim panel attaching screws. Eleven on the left side and twelve screws on the right side.
- Pull the panel away only far enough to gain access to the hidden top bolt.
- Remove the hidden bolts and the top with the assistance of helpers. Be careful not to allow the sides to bend.
To insure proper sealing of the roof, the following must be followed.
- Remove the upper spare tire brace.
- Place the top in place using the two rear guide pins as locators.
- Attach the one left cab and one right cab to roof mounting bolt.
- Starting with the bolts nearest to the tailgate, attach the fender to top mounting bolts. Do not attach the second bolt from the rear right side or the two bolts nearest to the cab yet.
- Loosen the cab to roof mounting bolts.
- Attach the roof to fender bolts that are closest to the cab.
- Attach the remainder of the roof to cab bolts.
- Install the hidden bolts.
- Install the trim panels.
- Install the upper spare tire brace.
- Reconnect the dome lamp.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.