REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle so that all tension is taken off of the front suspension.
- Remove the shackle upper retaining bolt and the front spring eye bolt.
- Remove the spring-to-axle U-bolt nuts. Pull off the spring, the lower plate, and the spring pads.
- Remove the shackle-to-spring bolt, bushings, and shackle.
To replace the bushing, place the spring in a press or vise and press out the bushing. Press in the new bushing. The new bushing should protrude evenly on both sides of the spring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. The following torques are necessary: U-bolts to 150 ft. lbs., Spring Shackle 50 ft. lbs., Front eye bolt 90 ft. lbs., Rear eye bolt 50 ft. lbs.