See Figures 1 and 2
When removing the injectors, be careful not to damage the electrical connector pins (on top of the injector), the injector fuel filter and the nozzle. The fuel injector is serviced as a complete assembly ONLY. The injector is an electrical component and should not be immersed in any kind of cleaner.
- Remove the air cleaner. Relieve the fuel pressure (see Warning above).
- At the injector connector, squeeze the two tabs together and pull straight up.
- Remove the fuel meter cover and leave the cover gasket in place.
- Using a small pry bar or tool No. J-26868, carefully lift the injector until it is free from the fuel meter body.
- Remove the small O-ring from the nozzle end of the injector. Carefully rotate the injector's fuel filter back and forth to remove it from the base of the injector.
- Discard the fuel meter cover gasket.
- Remove the large O-ring and back-up washer from the top of the counterbore of the fuel meter body injector cavity.
- To install, lubricate the O-rings with automatic transmission fluid and reverse the removal procedures.