See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the air cleaner. Relieve the fuel pressure (see Warning above).
- At the injector connector, squeeze the two tabs together and pull straight up.
- Remove the fuel meter cover and leave the cover gasket in place.
- Using a small pry bar or tool No. J-26868, carefully lift the injector until it is free from the fuel meter body.
- Remove the small O-ring from the nozzle end of the injector. Carefully rotate the injector's fuel filter back and forth to remove it from the base of the injector.
- Discard the fuel meter cover gasket.
- Remove the large O-ring and back-up washer from the top of the counterbore of the fuel meter body injector cavity.
- To install, lubricate the O-rings with automatic transmission fluid and reverse the removal procedures.