Only if parts of the throttle body have been replaced should this procedure be performed; the engine should be at operating temperature.
- Ground the diagnostic lead of the IAC motor.
- Turn the ignition ON, DO NOT start the engine and wait for 30 seconds.
- With the ignition ON, disconnect the electrical connector from the IAC motor.
- Remove the ground from the diagnostic lead and start the engine.
- Adjust the idle set screw to 500-600 rpm with the transmission in Drive.
- Turn the ignition OFF and reconnect the electrical harness to the IAC motor.
- Adjust the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to 0.450-0.600 volts.
- Recheck the setting.
- Start the engine and inspect for proper idle operation.