REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect battery ground cable.
- Remove instrument panel bezel screws and bezel.
- Remove switch attaching screws.
- Pull out on switch assembly and disconnect electrical harness and remove the switch.
- To install, reverse Steps 1-4 above. Check switch operation before reinstalling instrument panel bezel.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the steering wheel. Remove the turn signal switch.
- It may be necessary to loosen the two column mounting nuts and remove the four bracket to mast jacket screws, then separate the bracket from the mast jacket to allow the connector clip on the ignition switch to be pulled out of the column assembly.
- Disconnect the washer/wiper switch lower connector.
- Remove the screws attaching the column housing to the mast jacket. Be sure to note the position of the dimmer switch actuator rod for reassembly in the same position. Remove the column housing and switch as an assembly.
Some tilt columns have a removable plastic cover on the column housing. This provides access to the wiper switch without removing the entire column housing.
- Turn the assembly upside down and use a drift to remove the pivot pin from the washer/wiper switch. Remove the switch.
- Place the switch into position in the housing, then install the pivot pin.
- Position the housing onto the mast jacket and attach by installing the screws. Install the dimmer switch actuator rod in the same position as noted earlier. Check switch operation.
- Reconnect lower end of switch assembly.
- Install remaining components in reverse order of removal. Be sure to attach column mounting bracket in original position.