REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the tailgate cover.
- Disconnect the control rod from the handle.
- Remove the handle to end gate screws.
- Remove the inside handle from the tailgate.
- Detach the right and left latch rods from the control assembly.
- Remove the control assembly attaching bolts.
- Remove the control assembly.
- Detach the window lockout rod spring.
- Detach the lockout rod attaching bolts.
- Remove the lockout rod from the tailgate.
- Install the lockout rod in the tailgate. Make sure the bottom of the rod fits into the clip at the base of the tailgate.
- Attach the lockout rod bolts to the tailgate.
- Install the window lockout rod spring.
- Attach the control assembly to the tailgate.
- Reattach the left and right latch rods.
- Install the handle to the tailgate.
- Connect control rod to handle.
- Install the tailgate cover.