See Figure 1
- Place the column lever in the neutral position.
- Under the truck, loosen the shift rod clamps. These are at the transmission.
- Make sure that the two levers on the transmission are in their center, neutral positions.
- Install a 3 /16 in. to 7 /32 in. pin or drill bit through the alignment holes in the levers at the bottom of the steering column. This holds these levers in the neutral position.
- Tighten the shift rod clamps.
- Remove the pin and check the shifting operation.
See Figure 2
Place the shift lever in neutral. A 0.249-0.250 in. gauge pin must fit freely through the shifter levers (see illustration) in the neutral position. A 1 /4 in. or D size (0.249&inch;) drill bit will work here. Adjust the linkage at the point shown until the gauge pin fits properly. Check adjustment by operating the shift lever through every gear shift combination.