REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the turn signal switch. It is not necessary to completely remove the switch from the column. Pull the switch rearward far enough to slip it over the end of the shaft, but do not pull the harness out of the column.
- Turn the ignition lock to Run.
- Remove the lock retaining screw and remove the lock cylinder.
If the retaining screw is dropped on removal, it may fall into the column, requiring complete disassembly of the column to retrieve the screw.
- To install, rotate the key to the stop while holding onto the cylinder.
- Push the lock all the way in.
- Install the screw. Tighten the screw to 3 ft. lbs. for regular columns, 2 ft. lbs. for adjustable columns.
- Install the turn signal switch and the steering wheel.