REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See illustrations of 205 and 208 series transfer cases under Transmission Removal in this Section.
- Raise and support the truck.
- Drain the transfer case.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable, back-up light switch, and the TCS switch.
- If necessary, remove the skid plate and crossmember support.
- Disconnect the front and rear driveshafts and support them out of the way.
- On New Process 205 models, disconnect the shift lever rod from the shift rail link.
- Remove the transfer case-to-frame mounting bolts.
- Support the transfer case and remove the bolts attaching the transfer case to transmission adapter.
- Move the transfer case to the rear until the input shaft clears the adapter and lower the transfer case from the truck.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.