REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Make sure the wipers are parked.
- Disconnect the ground cable from the battery.
- Disconnect the wiring harness at the wiper motor and the hoses from the washer pump.
- Reach down through the access hole in the plenum and loosen the wiper drive rod attaching screws. Remove the drive rod from the wiper motor crank arm.
- Remove the wiper motor attaching screws and the motor assembly.
- To install, reverse the removal procedure.
Lubricate the wiper motor crank arm pivot before reinstallation. Failure of the washers to operate or to shut off is often caused by grease or dirt on the electromagnetic contacts. Simply unplug the wire and pull off the plastic cover for access. Likewise, failure of the wipers to park is often caused by grease or dirt on the park switch contacts. The park switch is under the cover behind the pump.