REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the truck on jackstands.
- Matchmark and remove the driveshaft. Be careful! Some fluid may run out. You can avoid this by raising only the rear of the truck.
- Centerpunch the seal to distort it and carefully pry it out.
- Coat the outer edge of the new seal with non-hardening sealer.
- Place the seal in the bore and carefully drive it into place. A seal installer makes this job easier.
- Install the driveshaft. It's a good idea to coat the driveshaft end with grease to avoid damaging the seal.
- Lower the truck and replace any lost fluid.