This valve is used on all models with disc brakes. The valve itself is a combination of:
- The metering valve, which will not allow the front disc brakes to engage until the rear brakes contact the drum.
- The failure warning switch, which notifies the driver if one of the systems has a leak.
- The proportioner which limits rear brake pressure and delays rear wheel skid.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the hydraulic lines and plug them to prevent dirt from entering the system.
- Disconnect the warning switch harness.
- Unfasten the retaining bolts and remove the valve.
- Install the valve and tighten the retainers to 150 inch lbs. (17 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system.
C/K SeriesMANUAL BRAKES
See Figure 2
- Disconnect the brake lines at the valve. Plug or cap the lines and ports.
- Unplug the switch wiring connector.
- Remove the valve-to-bracket bolts.
- Install the valve. Tighten the bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Bleed the system.
- Disconnect the brake lines at the switch. Plug or cap the lines and ports.
- Unplug the warning switch wiring connector.
- Remove the anti-lock brake system control module from the bracket. See the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the bolts attaching the ABS isolation/dump valve to the bracket. See the procedure later in this section.
- Remove the nuts that attach the master cylinder and bracket to the booster.