REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Unplug all necessary electrical connections.
- Remove the master cylinder from the booster and pull it off the studs, CAREFULLY! It is not necessary to disconnect the brake lines.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the check valve.
- If necessary, remove the brake light switch.
- Disconnect the booster pushrod at the brake pedal.
- Remove the booster mounting nuts, located on the inside of the firewall.
- Lift off the booster and remove the gasket.
- Install the booster with a new gasket.
- Tighten the booster mounting nuts to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm) on all except 1996-98 models. On 1996-98 models, tighten the nuts to 26 ft. lbs. (36 Nm).
- Install all remaining components.