REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the truck on jackstands.
- Remove the spring.
- Support the inboard end of the control arm after spring removal.
- Remove the cotter pin from the lower ball stud and loosen the nut.
- Loosen the lower ball stud in the steering knuckle using a ball joint stud removal tool. When the stud is loose, remove the nut from the stud. It may be necessary to remove the brake caliper and wire it to the frame to gain clearance.
- Remove the lower control arm.
Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the U-bolts to 85 ft. lbs. (115 Nm).