REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the truck and support the axle with safety stands. Remove the tire.
- Disconnect the stabilizer bar link from the bar.
- Remove the clamp bolts and disconnect the bar from the axle.
- Remove the insulator from the bar.
- Remove the nut, retainer and insulator and then pull the link from the frame bracket. An additional insulator and retainer will come off with it.
- Slide a retainer and insulator onto the link and insert it into the proper hole in the frame bracket.
- Install the other insulator and retainer and then tighten the nut until the distance between each retainer is 1 1 / 2 in. (38mm)
- Connect the bar to the front axle.
- Slide the insulators onto the bar, install the clamps and bolts and tighten them to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Connect the bar to the link and tighten the nut to 50 ft. lbs. (68 Nm).
- Install the wheel and lower the truck.