REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to the fuel system relief procedure in this section.
- Remove the fuel lines at the rear of the intake manifold.
- Remove the nuts and the retainer.
- Loosen the injector fuel inlet and outlet pipes.
- Remove the rear fuel line bracket.
- Pull straight up on the fuel pipe to remove the pipes from the injector assembly.
Check the injector assembly to make sure the O-rings have been removed.
- Remove the O-rings from both ends of the fuel feed and return pipes.
- Apply a few drops of clean engine oil to the male tube ends.
- Install the inlet and outlet of the fuel injector assembly.
- Install the fuel pipes to the fuel injector assembly.
- Install the fuel pipe retainer and attaching nuts. After the pipes are secured, pull up on them gently to ensure that they are properly secured. Tighten the rear fuel line bracket bolt to 53 inch. lbs. (6 Nm) and the fuel pipe retainer nuts to 27 inch. lbs. (3 Nm).
- Tighten the fuel pipe nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm) and connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds and then turn it OFF for 10 seconds. Again turn the ignition ON and check for leaks.