REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
When the fuel lines are to be removed, clean all fuel line fittings thoroughly before loosening. Immediately cap the lines, nozzles and pump fittings to maintain cleanliness.
- Disconnect both batteries.
- Disconnect the air cleaner bracket at the valve cover.
- Remove the crankcase ventilator bracket and move it aside.
- Disconnect the secondary filter lines.
- Remove the secondary filter adapter.
- Loosen the vacuum pump hold-down clamp and rotate the pump in order to gain access to the intake manifold bolt. Remove the intake manifold bolts. The injection line clips are retained by the same bolts.
- Remove the intake manifold. Install a protective cover (GM part no. J-29664-1 or equivalent) so no foreign material falls into the engine.
- Remove the injection line clips at the loom brackets.
- Remove the injection lines at the nozzles and cover the nozzles with protective caps.
- Remove the injection lines at the pump and tag the lines for later installation.
- Remove the fuel line from the injection pump.
- Install the injection lines at the pump and nozzles. Tighten all fittings to 20 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the injection line clips at the loom bracket.
- Install the intake manifold.
- Install the alternator bracket and tighten the manifold bolts.
- Install the fuel lines at the filter. Tighten the bolts to 9 inch lbs. (1 Nm).
- Install the filter to the manifold and tighten the bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Install the air cleaner and the crankcase ventilator bracket.
- Connect the batteries.