Removal & Installation
- Raise the vehicle and support it wit safety stands.
- Remove the rear and front driveshafts.
Remove the center bearing as follows:
- Stand the driveshaft in a press on its end with the center bearing supported by the press bars.
- Use the press to remove the center bearing.
- Install the center bearing on the driveshaft using a press.
- Install the front driveshaft.
The center bearing must be aligned to prevent damage to the driveshaft assembly. When bolting the center bearing in place, be sure that it is perpendicular (90°) to the driveshaft.
- Install the rear driveshaft. Tighten the center bearing retainers to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle and road test to ensure proper operation.