REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Disconnect the throttle controls at the bellcrank.
- Remove the carburetor.
- Disconnect and label the fuel and vacuum lines from the manifold.
- Remove the AIR pump and bracket.
- Disconnect the PCV hose.
- Disconnect the exhaust pipe.
- Remove the manifold heat stove.
- Remove the clamps, bolts and washers and remove the combination manifold.
- Separate the manifolds by removing the bolts and nuts.
- Clean the mating surfaces.
- Clean the stud threads.
- Assemble the manifolds with a new gasket and leave the nuts finger-tight.
- Install a new gasket over the manifold studs on the cylinder head and install the manifold assembly.
- Install the bolts, clamps and nuts.
Always tighten the manifold-to-cylinder head bolts and nuts to 38 ft. lbs. (52 Nm) before tightening the manifold center bolts and nuts to 44 ft. lbs. (60 Nm).
- Install the manifold heat stove.
- Connect the exhaust pipe.
- Connect the PCV hose.
- Install the AIR pump and bracket.
- Connect the fuel and vacuum lines from the manifold.
- Install the carburetor.
- Connect the throttle controls at the bellcrank.
- Install the air cleaner.
- Connect the negative battery cable.