REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
This is found on the 6.2 and 6.5L diesel engines only.
Never open, service or drain the radiator or cooling system when hot; serious burns can occur from the steam and hot coolant. Also, when draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantities. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- Drain the cooling system.
- Remove the engine cover.
- Remove the air cleaner and CDR valve.
- Remove the air cleaner resonator and bracket.
- Remove the upper fan shroud.
- Remove the upper alternator bracket.
- Remove the bypass hose.
- Remove the upper radiator hose.
- Disconnect the heater hose.
- Remove the attaching bolts and lift out the crossover.
- Thoroughly clean the mating surfaces.
- Position the crossover, using new gaskets coated with sealer.
- Install the attaching bolts and tighten them to 35 ft. lbs. (47 Nm) on 1988-91 engines, or 31 ft. lbs. (42 Nm) on 1992-98 engines.
- Connect the heater hose.
- Install the upper radiator hose.
- Install the bypass hose.
- Install the upper alternator bracket.
- Install the upper fan shroud.
- Install the air cleaner resonator and bracket.
- Install the air cleaner and the CDR valve.
- Install the engine cover.
- Fill the cooling system.