REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the lower hinge pin retainer.
- With pliers and a hammer, remove the lower hinge pin. Install a bolt through the lower hinges so as to hold the door in position while removing the upper hinge pin.
- Remove the upper hinge pin retainer and the upper hinge pin.
- Remove the bolt from the lower hinge.
- Remove the door.
- Install the door and temporarily install a bolt through the lower hinge pin holes.
- Install the upper hinge pin and a new hinge pin retainer. Remove the temporary bolt from the lower hinge.
- Install the lower hinge pin and a new hinge pin retainer.
See Figure 2
The holes for the hinges are oversized to provide for latitude in alignment. Align the door hinges first, then the striker.
- If a door is being installed, first mount the door and tighten the hinge bolts lightly.
If the door has not been removed, determine which hinge bolts must be loosed to effect alignment.
- Loosen the necessary bolts just enough to allow the door to be moved with a padded prybar.
- Move the door in small movements and check the fit after each movement.
Be sure that there is no binding or interference with adjacent panels.
Keep repeating this procedure until the door is properly aligned.
Door panel lower edge-to-platform panel: 7mm plus or minus 2mm
- Tighten all the bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm).
Shims may be either fabricated or purchased to install behind the hinges as an aid in alignment.