REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the feed and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
- Remove the ignition set retainer.
- Remove the 4 coil cover-to-distributor cap screws and coil cover.
- Remove the 4 coil-to-distributor cap screws.
- Using a blunt drift, press the coil wire spade terminals up out of distributor cap.
- Lift the coil up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove and clean the coil spring, rubber seal washer and coil cavity of the distributor cap.
- Coat the rubber seal with a dielectric lubricant furnished in the replacement ignition coil package.
- Reverse the above procedures to install.
See Figure 2
- Make sure that the ignition switch is in the OFF position.
- Tag and disconnect the coil wire and the connector on the side of the coil.
- Remove the nuts holding the coil and bracket assembly to the engine and lift out the coil. The coil is riveted to the bracket, to remove it will require drilling the rivets and punching them out.
- Position the coil on the engine and tighten the nuts.
- Connect the coil wire and electrical connectors.