REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the front end on jackstands.
- Remove the upper end bolt, nut and washer.
- Remove the lower end bolt, nut and washer.
- Remove the shock absorber and inspect the rubber bushings. If these are defective, replace the shock absorber assembly.
- Install the shock and tighten both nuts to 48 ft. lbs. (65 Nm) on 1988-90 models; 66 ft. lbs. (90 Nm) on 1991-98 models. Make sure that the bolts are inserted in the proper direction. The bolt head on the upper end should be forward; the bottom end bolt head is rearward.
Refer to the shock absorber testing procedure in the R/C series front suspension portion of the section.