REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- On 4WD models, remove the transfer case lever boot.
- Remove the transmission lever boot retaining ring.
- Remove the boot retaining screws.
- Remove the boot.
- Push downward on the cap at the bottom of the lever and turn it counterclockwise. Pull the lever from the transmission.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
See Figures 2 and 3
- Remove the boot retaining screws and lift off the boot.
- Loosen the jam nut and unscrew the lever.
- If removing the shifter housing, place the shift lever in third or fourth gear.
Do not disassemble shift housing, internal parts for the housing are not available.
- Unfasten the shift housing-to-transmission bolts and remove the housing.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the housing bolts to 89 inch lbs. (10 Nm).