REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Relieve fuel system pressure.
- Disconnect the ignition coil.
- Remove the upper intake manifold.
- Disconnect the vacuum line to the regulator.
- Remove the snapring from the regulator housing.
- Place a towel under the regulator to absorb any spilled fuel and remove the pressure regulator from the fuel rail socket.
- Remove the pressure regulator from the fuel rail.
- Remove the pressure regulator O-ring filter, O-ring backup and O-ring and discard them.
- Before installing the O-rings, lubricate them with clean engine oil and install them on the regulator inlet as a complete assembly.
- Install the snapring retainer into the slot on the regulator housing.
- Connect the vacuum line to the regulator.
Ensure that the retainer is properly seated in the slot in the regulator housing. Pull on the regulator to make sure that it is properly seated.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition ON for 2 seconds and then turn it OFF for 10 seconds. Again turn the ignition ON and check for leaks.
- Install the manifold plenum.