REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the air inlet duct.
- Unplug the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve and the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) electrical connectors.
- Disconnect the throttle and cruise control cables.
- Unfasten the throttle body retaining nuts and remove the throttle body.
- Remove and discard the flange gasket.
- Clean both gasket mating surfaces.
When cleaning the old gasket from the machined aluminum surfaces be careful as sharp tools may damage the sealing surfaces
- Install the new flange gasket and the throttle body assembly.
- Tighten the throttle body attaching nuts to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Connect the throttle and cruise control cables.
- Attach the IAC valve and the TPS electrical connectors.
- Install the air inlet duct and connect the negative battery cable.