REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
This applies to rear disc brakes only.
- Release the parking brake. Raise the vehicle and support it on jackstands.
- Disconnect the driveshaft at the brake drum.
- Remove the nut or bolt and pull off the drum/yoke assembly.
- Remove the bolts and pull the drum off the yoke.
- Position the drum on the yoke and tighten the bolts to 27 ft. lbs. (37 Nm).
- Slide the drum/yoke assembly on and tighten the bolt to 65 ft. lbs. (88 Nm), or the nut to 180 ft. lbs. (255 Nm) on all but 1996-98 models. On 1996-98 models tighten the bolt to 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm), or the nut to 350 ft. lbs. (475 Nm)
- Install the driveshaft and lower the truck.