REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the rear end on jackstands.
- Remove the stabilizer bar end link nuts, bolts, washers, grommets and spacers. Take note of their respective positions for installation.
- Remove the clamps securing the stabilizer bar to the anchor arms.
- Remove the bar.
- Remove the bushings from the clamps and check them for wear or damage. Replace them as necessary.
- Install the bar onto the vehicle, coating the bushings and all rubber parts with silicone grease.
- Tighten the end link nuts just until they reach the unthreaded part of the bolt.
- Tighten the clamp-to-anchor bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm).
Make sure that the parking brake cable is routed over the stabilizer bar!
See Figure 2
- Raise and support the vehicle on safety stands. Remove the wheels.
- Remove the upper nut and insulator. Remove the bolts from the spacer and the bar.
- Remove the U-bolt nuts, the U-bolts, clamps and lower insulators and lift out the bar.
- Install the bar and tighten the U-bolt nuts to 22 ft. lbs. (30 Nm). Tighten the upper insulator nuts to 17 ft. lbs. (23 Nm).