REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the feed and module wire terminal connectors from the distributor cap.
- Remove the retainer and spark plug wires from the cap.
- Depress and release the 4 distributor cap-to-housing retainers and lift off the cap assembly.
- Remove the 4 coil cover screws and cover.
- Using a finger or a blunt drift, push the spade terminals up out of the distributor cap.
- Remove all 4 coil screws and lift the coil, coil spring and rubber seal washer out of the cap coil cavity.
- Remove the two rotor attaching screws (if equipped) and rotor.
- Using a new distributor cap and rotor, reverse the above procedures to assemble, being sure to clean and lubricate the rubber seal washer with dielectric lubricant.
- Tag and remove the spark plug wires.
- Loosen the cap retaining fasteners and remove the cap.
- Remove the rotor from the distributor shaft.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Remove the distributor cap and rotor as described in this section.
- Check the cap for wear, electrode cracks or damage. Replace if defective.
- Check the rotor for cracks and wear. Replace if defective.