The oil pressure sender relays to the dash gauge the oil pressure in the engine.
- Check the instrument cluster fuse condition and replace as necessary.
- Check the sender wire for damage and repair as necessary.
- Unplug the sender electrical connection.
- Attach one end of a jumper wire to the sender electrical connector and the other end of the jumper wire to ground.
- If the gauge reads functions properly, replace the sender.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the engine oil.
- Disconnect the sensor electrical lead and unscrew the sensor. The sensor can be found on the top side of the engine, near the distributor.
- Coat the first two or three threads with sealer. Install the sensor and tighten until snug. Engage the electrical lead.
- Connect the battery cable and fill the engine with oil.