REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Relieve the fuel system pressure. Refer to the fuel relief procedure in this section.
- Raise the hood, install fender covers and remove the air cleaner assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug electrical connector at the injector by squeezing the two tabs and pulling straight up.
- Remove the five screws securing the fuel meter cover to the fuel meter body. Notice the location of the two short screws during removal.
- Remove the fuel meter cover assembly from the throttle body.
- Be sure to use new gaskets and then install the fuel meter cover. Tighten the attaching screws to 28 inch lbs. (3 Nm).
The service kits may include a small vial of thread locking compound with directions for use. If the material is not available, use part number 1054.3L4, Loctite® or equivalent. Do not use a higher strength locking compound than recommended, as this may prevent attaching screw removal or breakage of the screw head if removal is again required.
- Attach all the fuel injectors connectors, start the engine and check for leaks.