REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and support the truck on jackstands.
- Remove the skid plate if necessary to gain access to the front seal.
- Matchmark and remove the driveshaft.
- Remove the nut, washer and yoke.
Some models don't use a washer at the rear yoke nut.
- Some models employ a shield around the seal. Remove it.
- Using a hammer and a punch, carefully distort the seal so that you can pull it out with a pliers. Be careful to avoid damage to the seal bore!
- Coat the seal lips with clean oil fluid. Coat the outer edge of the seal with gasket sealer.
- Position the seal in the bore and drive it into place by carefully tapping around it with a hammer. If you have access to one, a seal installer will make the job a little easier.
- Install the shield, if used.
- Coat the outer surface of the yoke neck with clean oil and slide it into place.
Install the nut and washer. Tighten the nut to:
NP205: 150 ft. lbs. (203 Nm)
- Install the driveshaft.
- Install the skid plate.