REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle so that all tension is taken off of the front suspension.
- Remove the shackle retaining bolts, nuts and spacers.
- Remove the front spring-to-frame bracket bolt, washer and nut.
- On the 10/1500 and 20/2500 both sides and the 30/3500 left side: remove the U-bolt nuts, washers, U-bolts, plate and spacers.
- On the 30/3500 right side: remove the inboard spring plate bolts, U-bolt nuts, washers, U-bolt, plate and spacers.
- To replace the bushing, place the spring in a press or vise and press out the bushing.
- Press in the new bushing. The new bushing should protrude evenly on both sides of the spring.
- Install the spring. Coat all bushings with silicone grease prior to installation.
- Install all bolts and nuts finger-tight.
- When all fasteners are installed, torque the bolts. Tighten the U-bolt nuts, including the inboard right side 30/3500 series bolts, in the crisscross pattern shown, to 150 ft. lbs. (203 Nm). Tighten the shackle nuts to 50 ft. lbs. (67 Nm). Tighten the front eye bolt nut to 90 ft. lbs. (122 Nm).