REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the lower steering column covers.
- Remove the lower left side air conditioning duct (if necessary).
- Remove the retainer clip and washer from the pushrod.
- Disconnect the pushrod and remove the wave washer.
- Disconnect the reservoir hose.
- Disconnect the secondary cylinder hydraulic line from the master cylinder.
- Remove the nuts that secure the master cylinder and remove the master cylinder.
- Scrape all gasket material from the master cylinder and the cowl.
- Remove the screws that secure the reservoir and remove the reservoir.
- Remove the adapter and the seal from the master cylinder.
- Pull the dust cover back and remove the snapring.
Shake the pushrod and the plunger out of the master cylinder and remove the following:
The front seal
Clean all parts in clean brake fluid. Inspect the cylinder bore and the plunger for scratches, ridges and pitting. Inspect the dust cover for wear and cracking.
- Lubricate all seals with clean brake fluid.
- Install the shim and a new seal with the flat against the shim.
- Install the support and the spring.
- Install a new seal.
- Coat the cylinder boar with clean brake fluid and slide the plunger and the pushrod in.
- Push the pushrod in and install the snapring.
- Coat the inside of the dust cover with grease and slide it into place.
- Install a new seal and the adapter, and install the master cylinder.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.