REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Raise and support the vehicle properly.
- Disconnect the hydraulic line from the slave cylinder.
- Remove the nuts that secure the slave cylinder and remove the cylinder.
- Disconnect the hydraulic line from the master cylinder.
- Remove the nut that secures the hydraulic line and remove the line.
- Reinstall the nut to hold the speedometer cable in place.
Cover all hydraulic line openings to keep dirt and moisture out of the components.
- Remove the pushrod and the dust cover.
- Remove the snapring and shake the plunger out.
- Remove the spring and the seal.
Clean all parts in clean brake fluid. Inspect the cylinder bore and the plunger for scratches, ridges and pitting. Inspect the dust cover for wear and cracking.
- Coat a new seal with clean brake fluid, slide it into place and install the spring.
- Coat the hydraulic bore with clean brake fluid and slide the plunger in.
- Push the plunger in and install the snapring.
- Coat the inside of the dust cover with grease and slide it into place.
- Install the pushrod and install the slave cylinder.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure