REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the truck's batteries.
- Disconnect the fuel line clip, and remove the fuel return hose.
- Remove the fuel injection line as previously detailed.
- Using GM special tool J-29873, remove the injector. Always remove the injector by turning the 30mm hex portion of the injector; turning the round portion will damage the injector. Always cap the injector and fuel lines when disconnected, to prevent contamination.
- Install the injector with new gasket and torque to 50 ft. lbs. (67 Nm). Connect the injection line and torque the nut to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Install the fuel return hose, fuel line clips, and connect the batteries.