Please refer to General Information & Maintenance for additional information on the battery.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative (ground) cable terminal and then the positive cable terminal. Special pullers are available to remove clamp type battery terminals.
To avoid sparks, always disconnect the battery ground cable first, and connect it last.
- Remove the hold-down clamp.
- Remove the battery, being careful not to spill the acid.
Spilled acid can be neutralized with a backing soda/water solution. If you somehow get acid in your eyes, flush with lots of water and visit a doctor.
- Clean the cable terminals of any corrosion, using a wire brush tool or an old jackknife inside and out.
- Install the battery. Replace the hold down clamp.
- Connect the positive and then the negative cable terminal. Do not hammer them in place. The terminals should be coated lightly (externally) with grease or petroleum jelly to prevent corrosion.