REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Have the refrigerant discharged at a repair facility utilizing a recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the compressor clutch connector.
- Remove the belt by releasing the belt tension at the idler pulley.
On some models it will be necessary to remove the crankshaft pulley to remove the belt.
- Remove the engine cover (if necessary).
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the fitting and muffler assembly. Cap and plug all open connections.
- Remove the compressor bracket.
- Remove the engine oil tube support bracket bolt and nut.
- Disconnect the clutch ground lead.
- Remove the compressor.
- Drain and measure the oil in the compressor and check for contamination.
- Replace with fresh oil and reinstall the compressor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.