REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Discharging the air conditioning refrigerant should only be attempted by those who have the proper tools and training to do so, as serious personal injury may result. The refrigerant will instantly freeze any surface it comes in contact with, including your eyes.
- Have the refrigerant discharged at a repair facility utilizing a recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the compressor clutch connector.
- Remove the belt by releasing the belt tension at the idler pulley.
On some models it will be necessary to remove the crankshaft pulley to remove the belt.
- Remove the engine cover (if necessary).
- Remove the air cleaner.
- Remove the fitting and muffler assembly. Cap and plug all open connections.
- Remove the compressor bracket.
- Remove the engine oil tube support bracket bolt and nut.
- Disconnect the clutch ground lead.
- Remove the compressor.
- Drain and measure the oil in the compressor and check for contamination.
- Replace with fresh oil and reinstall the compressor.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.