REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove air cleaner.
- Disconnect and reposition as necessary any vacuum or PCV hoses that obstruct the valve covers.
- Disconnect electrical wire(s) (spark plug, etc.) from the valve cover slips.
- Unbolt and remove the valve cover(s).
Do not pry the covers off if they seem stuck. Instead, gently tap around each cover with a rubber mallet until the old gasket or sealer breaks loose.
- To install, use a new valve cover gasket or RTV (or any equivalent) sealer. If using sealer, follow directions on the tube. Install valve cover and tighten cover bolts to 3 ft. lbs. (4 Nm).
- Connect and reposition all vacuum and PCV hoses, and reconnect electrical and/or spark plug wires at the cover clips. Install the air cleaner.