REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Open the door, remove the door trim panel and disconnect the electrical wiring harness (if equipped). Then mark the position of the door on the hinges using a wax pencil.
- Remove the hinge hole plugs on the body side pillar.
- Remove the strap pin from the bracket, then remove the snapring from the pin, and pull the pin.
- Support the door safely, and remove the hinge to body pillar bolts.
- Remove the door from the vehicle.
- Remove the hinge to door bolts.
- Remove the hinges from the door.
- Remove the retainers, seals, and grommets from the door or the hinges.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Make sure to align the hinges with the previously made marks.
Each of the two doors must first be adjusted in the door opening before adjusting the door-to-door clearance.
- Adjust the door height so that there is a gap of 0.23-0.27 in. (5.85-6.85mm) between the roof panel and the rear door panel.
- Adjust the gap between the bottom of the door panel (not the bottom of the outer panel) and the platform panel should be 0.23-0.27 in. (5.85-6.85mm). This measurement should be taken on each door individually from the side of the door. The door should be in its normal closed position. The outer rear door panel is 0.58-0.62 in. (14.73-15.75mm) away from the rear platform panel when normally closed.
- Adjust the rear door outer panel to the body side outer panel gap to 0.14-0.18 in. (3.6-4.6mm).
- The door to door clearance between the left and right outer door panels should be 0.23-0.27 in. (5.85-6.85mm).