REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the battery cables. On 1971-86 models, remove the battery.
- Unclip the blower motor lead wire.
- On 1967-69 models, scribe the location of the motor flange in relation to the blower case.
- Remove the blower attaching screws.
- Remove the blower assembly. It may be necessary to pry gently on the blower flange. Sometimes the sealer acts as an adhesive.
- If the motor is being replaced, remove the nut attaching the blower wheel to the blower motor shaft and separate the two.
- Assembly the blower wheel to the motor with the open end away from the motor.
- If the sealer has hardened or it otherwise useless, apply a new bead of sealer to the mounting flange.
- Installation of the blower motor and wheel is the reverse of removal. Connect the lead wires and the battery cables and check the operation of the motor.