REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the van under the frame rails. The control arms should hang free.
- Disconnect the shock absorber at the lower end and move it aside. Disconnect the stabilizer bar (if any) from the lower control arm.
- Support the cross-shaft with a jack and install a spring compressor or chain the spring to the control arm as a safety precaution.
- Raise and jack to remove the tension from the lower control arm cross-shaft and remove the 2 U-bolts securing the cross-shaft to the crossmember.
The cross-shaft and lower control arms keeps the coil spring compressed. Use care when you lower the assembly.
- Slowly release the jack and lower the control arm until the spring can be removed. Be sure that all compression is relieved from the spring.
- Remove the spring.
- To install, position the spring on the control arm and jack it into position. Use the spring compressor again as a precaution.
- Position the control arm cross-shaft on the crossmember and install the U-bolts. Be sure that the front indexing hole in the cross-shaft is aligned with the crossmember attaching saddle stud.
- Further installation is the reverse of removal. Have the front suspension alignment checked.