REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the battery ground cable. Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the switch cancelling spring and cam.
- Remove the column to instrument panel trim plate, if any.
- Disconnect the switch wiring harness at the half-moon connector.
- Pry the wiring harness protector out of the column retaining slots.
- Mark their locations, then remove each wire from the half-moon connector.
- Remove the turn signal lever screw and the lever.
- On tilt columns, remove the automatic transmission dial and needle. Remove the cap and bulb from the housing cover. Unscrew and remove the tilt release lever. The directional signal housing cover has to be pulled off the column; there is a special tool used for this.
- Remove the three switch screws and remove the switch, guiding the wiring harness through the opening.
- On installation, tape the switch wires and guide them through the housing opening. On tilt columns, the directional signal housing cover must be tapped back into place.