REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the hood and disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the lock cylinder by inserting the key in the switch and turning it to the ACC position. Insert a piece of stiff wire in the small hole in the cylinder face and push in to depress the plunger. Continue to turn the key counterclockwise until the lock cylinder can be removed.
- Remove the metallic ignition switch nut.
- Pull the ignition switch out from behind the dash, and remove the "theft resistant'' connector. A screwdriver can be used to unsnap the locking tangs from the connector.
- Snap the connectors into place on a new switch.
- Put the switch into position from behind the dash, first installing the ground ring and then the ignition switch nut.
- Install the lock cylinder.
- Reconnect the battery cable.
- Installation is the reverse or removal.
The switch is on the steering column, behind the instrument panel.
- Lower the steering column, making sure that it is supported.
- Make sure the switch is in the LOCK position. If the lock cylinder is out, pull the switch rod up to the stop, then go down 1 detent.
- Remove the two screws and the switch.
- Before installation, make sure the switch is in the LOCK position.
- Install the switch using the original screws.
- Replace the column.