REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- On 1967-70 models, disconnect the turn signal wiring harness from the chassis wiring harness at the connector.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the horn button, receiving cup, Belleville washer and bushing.
- Mark the steering wheel-to-steering shaft relationship.
- On 1975 and later models, remove the snapring from the steering shaft. Remove the nut and washer from the steering shaft.
- Remove the steering wheel with a puller.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. The turn signal control assembly must be in the Neutral position to prevent damaging the cancelling cam and control assembly.