REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Loosen the tie rod adjuster sleeve clamp nuts.
- Remove the tie rod end stud cotter pin and nut.
- You can use a tie rod end ball joint removal tool to loosen the stud, or you can loosen it by tapping on the steering arm with a hammer while using a heavy hammer as a backup.
- Remove the inner stud in the same way.
- Unscrew the tie rod end from the threaded sleeve. The threads may be left or right-hand threads. Count the number of turns required to remove it.
- To install, grease the threads and turn the new tie rod end in as many turns as were needed to remove it. This will give approximately correct toe-in. Tighten the clamp bolts.
- Tighten the stud nuts and install new cotter pins. You may tighten the nut to align the cotter pin, buy don't loosen it.
- Adjust the toe-in.